The American famous musician, hip-hop singer, businessman, songwriter, and actor is Aliaume Damala Badara Akon Thiam, best known as “Akon“. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss Akon Net Worth along with his famous quotes and emphasis.
In the 2000s, with his first single, Locked Up, Akon achieved success in the music industry. Akon has now set up two record levels, ‘ Konvict Muzik’ and ‘Kon Live Distribution,’ which have been quite popular. In two categories, his second album, ‘Konvicted,’ was nominated for three Grammy awards.
Akon has yet to perform traditional musical events such as an international tour and the new album, Stadium Music. He can now play a variety of instruments, like djembe and drums, including singing.
He is famous for being one of the world’s biggest celebrities and has some iconic talents. Akon net worth is valued at approximately more than $80 million by 2021.
Early Life of Akon
In 1973 in St. Louis, Missouri, Akon was born. Mor Thiam was raised by Mor Thiam, his dad, a drummer, a cultural historian, and his mom, a dancer. He spent much time of his childhood in Senegal until he was 7, moving to Union City in New Jersey.
While Akon was born in a town in the Midwest, he spent most of his childhood in Senegal and still considers it a real home.
Akon developed a passion for music when he was very young and learned to play various instruments. Before he was ten years old, Akon moved to New Jersey with his family and set up a home there.
During his teenage years, Akon had a hard time and even spent time in prison. Yet his time in jail was a bright side. He could concentrate on his new musical skills and decided to enter a musical career.
Start With Music:
Akon was signed into a record company in 2003 and started to write and record songs and finally released its debut album in June 2004. The album made several single hits, including “Locked Up” and “Ghetto,” which referred to Akon’s difficult years and times of struggling.
The album has performed well commercially and on charts and peaked at # 1 on UK Albums Chart and no 4 on Europe’s Top 100 Albums. Gold and platinum-certified in Canada and the USA, and the United Kingdom.
Akon continued composing, recording, and releasing new music over the next few years. He started collaborating with other top music stars, including Wayne, Jeezy, David Guetta, Gwen Stefani, Eminem, with whom he released his most famous hit, ‘Smack That.’
Akon was also working in close collaboration with Michael Jackson until his early death in 2009. He made a major step back in 2015 from the world of music and slowed down its production schedule.
Akon Net Worth
He was considered the first solo artist to appear in the Billboard Hot 100 chart twice at the number one and two spots.
In the music industry, Akon made most of his money. Three popular albums called Trouble, Konvicted, and Freedom were released, and Konvict Muzik and Kon Live Distribution were started.
A significant return to the music industry was announced at the beginning of 2019. In October 2019, he released his fifth album, Akonda, released the famous singles “Wakonda” and “Low Key.”
Akon began the Akon Lighting Africa project in 2014. In Africa, the venture took power to 15 countries. In Africa, he also has a charity called the Konfidence Foundation. The mission is to support underprivileged youth.
Akon’s net worth is attributed to music sales as many of its songs are Gold 3x, 2x, or platinum-certified and tours. As of today, Akon also ranks as one of the best-selling ringtone artists worldwide.
It estimates that Akon normally takes approximately ten- to twelve million dollars a year. His two record labels Konvict Muzik and Kon Live Distribution, are another net worth booster channel.
Akon’s personal life was very speculative, with claims that he is a polygamist and has many wives.
Akon is a Muslim, has three distinct unknown women, six unknown children have been born. He says he wants the family out of the media viewpoint, so his family is unknown. However, in his private life, he chooses to stay with himself, and his marital status is not always discussed In public.
A Renowned Businessman
Over and above songwriting and singing, Akon has worked on several projects throughout his career. He performed as an actor in movies such as Black November and American Heist.
Akon is part owner of a South African diamond mine, which undoubtedly has a strong profit. The diamond mine was highly controversial over the years but contributed to Akon’s net worth.
Some of us think about having a house or apartment, so Akon dreamed that he owned a city. The “Smack That” singer declared that Akon City had become a new city in Senegal, where he lived for most of his childhood.
Akon’s net worth was very remarkable between music, company, and his tendency to work for many other musicians. It is estimated; the net valuation of Akon is $80 million, with the artist getting back to work in popular music and is likely to continue to develop in the years ahead.
Akon undoubtedly is an entrepreneur, and he is an artist secondly. And it can also be certified with his activities in Africa, where he has implemented solar light projects.
- In 2004, he released the single track Lonely.
- Akon Released Music CD ‘Trouble’ in 2004.
- In 2006 he grabbed the attention of music lovers by releasing Slap That Tune.
- His song ‘Do Not Matter’ released in 2006 was a huge hit.
- In the same year in 2006, Akon’s musical CD ‘Konvicted’ got a place in the top chart.
- In 2007, Akon won the Billboard Songs Honor as a Top Musician.
- The single track ‘Today’ released in 2008 of Akon’s was a hit among youths.
- His song ‘Stunning’ released in 2008 has one of the highlights of the year.
- The musical CD ‘Liberty’ of Akon’s was released in 2008.
- In the year 2011, The ‘Crook’ Tune of Akon’s has become a major hit.
- Akon’s musical album ‘Stadium’ released in the year 2015.
- In the year 2016, Akon won the WAGER Global Good Honor.
Some of the Favorite Quotes of Akon
- ” Whatever barrier comes your way, you gotta be prepared to leap over it! And I assume that’s what divides the legends from the normal musicians. It’s done in exactly how you manage that success, and how you deal with the conflict when it really comes.”
- ” That’s my actual settlement, the reality that I can really make something that I, in fact, enjoy and put on repeat, and it’s not related to anything else or anybody else’s thoughts and suggestions, everything originated from me; I just love that aspect of it.”
- ” Any kind of album that you select up of mine, you recognize it’s an Akon cd. You get the Akon experience when you obtain the CDs.”
- When you begin thinkin’ organization and you begin thinkin’ ‘What’s warm? Let’s get at that individual,’ it comes to be a factor where you’re tryin’ to strategize to make money.
For years, Akon remained out of sight, but fans are renewing their interest in the talented, multi-faceted star by the recent announcement of his return to music. Shockingly, in many countries and the United States, including the British and Africa, Akon remained very popular.
Akon is usually best known as a rapper, but he has gone up over the years to a degree of prominence that artists in the industry rarely see.
Akon’s net worth represents the popularity of the artist over the years. With all these resources, Akon has chosen to assist its people in their rural African homes by introducing electricity to homes and supporting poor, deprived children. He is a noble person.